Mont-Blanc : Voie Normale
The training is over 5 days.
Ice school on Ice Sea of Montenvers (learning the basic techniques of crampon walking with and without ice axe, roped progression, elementary node)
- Applying techniques learned the day before on a "high mountain" field at + 3500m.
- Walking test in altitude
- Possible routes: crossing of the Pointes Lachenal, La Petite Verte, La Tour Ronde
Climbing in Altitude:
- Implementation of mixed climbing techniques (rock and ice) similar to those will use for the ascent.
- Possible route: crossing a ridge in the Aiguilles Rouges
Day 4: Departure from the village of Les Houches for the Goûter hut (3819m)
We will first take the Bellevue cable car in Les Houches then the “Tramway du Mont Blanc” to the Nid d'Aigle. Start of approach walk. We will pass by the Tête Rousse Hut (3167 m) on our way to reach the Goûter hut (3819 m).
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast at the Goûter hut.
Timing: In all around walk 5h30.
Up at 2am
Route from the hut: Dôme du Gouter (4304 m) > Vallot hut > Ridge des Bosses and arrival on the roof of Europe (4810 m)
Return down to Chamonix the same day
Around 10 to 12 hours of walk
This program can be modified depending on the weather forecast and the snow conditions. In this case, another summit can be considered such as Le Grand Paradis in Italy.
On the 4th day: Ascent to the Refuge des Cosmiques (Hut) by Aiguille du Midi and climbing the Mont-Blanc by the route of “3 Monts” on the 5th day depending on the weather forecast.
- Backpack (40 L)
- Glacier glasses and ski goggles.
- Flask for water (camelpack), headlamp, sun cream 50
- Very good mountaineering boots (rigid soles for the foot not to shake)
- Ice axe
I can lend you a harness and a helmet.
It is advisable to dress in successive "layers" in order to adapt to the current temperature.
- Technical jacket with hood,
- Fleece Sweatshirt
- Alpine Underwear
- Gloves or mittens very good
- Warm socks
PRICE: EUR 2000
This price includes:
The service of the mountain guide
This price does not include:
- Ski lifts/train tickets
- Picnic lunch,
- Half-board at the Goûter hut for client and guide.
Feel free to contact me for more information, I hold myself at your entire disposal.